5 Days Kidepo & Sipi Falls tour
5 Days Kidepo & Sipi Falls tour is an exquisite Uganda tour Package where travelers travel north to Kidepo and later explore the amazing Sipi Falls in Mbale. Kidepo National Park is one of the most endowed national parks in Uganda. This is a 5 Days Kidepo & Sipi Falls tour where you will hike to Sipi falls in Kapchorwa district. The main highlights of this tour include Aruu falls, Wildlife viewing in Kidepo, Hike to Sipi falls, Cultural tour to the Karamojong community, Coffee tour in Mbale and Kampala City tour.
Highlights of the 5 Days Kidepo & Sipi Falls tour
- Day 1: Pick up and Transfer to Kitgum.
- Day 2: Drive to Kidepo and evening game drive.
- Day 3: Morning game drive and community walk.
- Day 4: Drive to Sipi falls and Coffee Plantation in Mbale.
- Day 5: Departure.
DAY 1: Pick up and Transfer to Kitgum
- Transfer to Kitgum: Our driver will pick you from your hotel in Kampala and you will drive to Kitgum district in northern Uganda. This is a 6- 7 hour journey meaning you will have your lunch in Gulu town.
- Aruu Falls Experience: After lunch, you will embark on an hour’s drive to Aruu falls in Pader district. These falls have recently been put on the tourist map. These beautiful waterfalls are situated roughly 47 km off Gulu- Kitgum highway and 4 and a half km off Pader- Kitgum highway. You will hike a short distance to where the waterfalls are. Later embark on your journey to Kitgum where you will check into your accommodation, have dinner and an overnight stay.
Accommodation options: Bomah hotel, Cactus Hillside Hotel
DAY 2: Drive to Kidepo
- Transfer to Kidepo: On day 1 of the 5 Days Kidepo & Sipi Falls tour Have breakfast at your lodge and check out. You will then head to Kidepo Valley National Park located in Kaboong district.
- Game Drive: Upon arrival at this isolated national park, you will go on an evening game drive. Kidepo Valley National Park covers 1,442 sq km and is in the Karamoja region. It was first established as a national park in 1962. Some of the major attractions in the national park are rivers Narus and Kidepo which are seasonal rivers as well as the high numbers of wildlife in the park. While on your game drive, you will view wildlife like; the African savannah elephant, cheetahs, striped Hyenas, caracal, buffalos, oribis, zebras and Jackson’s Harte beasts many others. Kidepo national park is the only national park in Uganda where you will find ostrich birds in the wilderness.
Later head back to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Accommodation options: Apoka Safari Lodge
DAY 3: Morning game drive and community walk
- Game Drive: Have breakfast at your lodge and later head out on a morning game drive in the park. Kidepo is known to be the ‘Masai Mara’ of Uganda due to a variety of wildlife living within the park. You will view wildlife such as the ostrich birds, elephants, buffalos, Harte beasts, zebras, gazelles, jackals, bushbucks, and other wildlife. Head back to your lodge for lunch and relaxation.
- Community Tour: Later in the evening head out for a community tour to the neighboring Karamajong homesteads. During this tour, you will be taken through the day-to-day lifestyles of the Karamajong people, see their ‘manyata’ houses and also be entertained by the local dance groups. Later head back to your lodge for dinner and an overnight stay.
DAY 4: Drive to Sipi falls and Coffee Plantation in Mbale
- Transfer to Bwindi: After breakfast, check out of your lodge and drive to the majestic Sipi falls found in Kapchorwa district in eastern Uganda.
- Hiking Sipi Falls: You will hike to the bottom of the falls where you can take pictures. The hiking trails to the falls are rocky and at certain points, steep; so do endeavor to wear a good pair of hiking boots and ask your guide to provide you with a walking stick just in case you may need to use it while hiking. After your hike, you will proceed to Mbale for a tour of coffee farms. Mbale district is one of the major coffee-growing areas in Uganda, producing the largest amount of coffee that is export abroad. Coffee farmers here mainly grow Arabica coffee. The coffee tour includes; visiting coffee farms where the coffee is grown and harvested, storage warehouses, processing plants where the coffee is processed and packaged for domestic consumption and exportation.
Retire to your hotel in Mbale for dinner and an overnight.
Accommodation option: Mbale Resort
DAY 5: Departure.
- Departure: Have breakfast and at 7am drive back to Kampala City. Once you reach Kampala, you can opt to go on a half-day tour of Kampala city or have your guide drive you straight to your hotel.
End of the 5 Days Kidepo & Sipi Falls tour
Do write us a review of your experience while on safari with us via Trip Advisor.
Please note that the above tour package is inclusive of;
- Game drive
- Safari driver/ guide and 4×4 safari vehicle
- Cultural tour
- Coffee tour
- Hiking fees[ Sipi falls and Aruu falls]
- City tour[ optional]
- Park entrance fees
- Accommodation and meals as per your itinerary
- Mineral water while on safari
- Alcoholic beverages
- Porters fee
See also: 3 Days Kidepo Wildlife Safari