4 Days Queen Elizabeth Chimpanzee Trekking tour
4 Days Queen Elizabeth Chimpanzee Trekking tour is one of the Uganda primates safaris where travelers get a chance to wildlife and primates in one package. Queen Elizabeth National park is one of the biggest national parks in Uganda with quite a vareity of Wildlife species. This is a four-day tour to Queen Elizabeth National Park with the main highlight of your tour being chimpanzee trekking in Kalinzu forest near Queen. This tour starts and ends in Kampala.
Highlights of the 4 Days Queen Elizabeth Chimpanzee Trekking tour
- Day 1: Pickup and transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park.
- Day 2: Morning game drive and evening boat cruise.
- Day 3: Chimpanzee tracking and evening community walk.
- Day 4: Departure
DAY 1: Pick up and Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park.
- Transfer to Queen: Begin your day with an early morning breakfast in your hotel in Kampala city. Your guide will pick you from your hotel and then embark on a 6-hour drive to Queen Elizabeth National Park via Mbarara- Masaka Highway. You will have a stopover at the equator monuments in Kayabwe, Mpigi district. These two equator monuments mark the point where the equator runs through Uganda. You will then proceed to Queen Elizabeth National Park.
- Lion Tracking Experience: Upon arrival at Queen Elizabeth National Park, you will embark on a lion tracking experience. The lion tracking experience will give you the opportunity to view the famous tree-climbing lions of Queen. Of recent, these majestic giant cats have become rare sights in the park because of poaching activities that have become rampant in the park. This lion tracking experience takes between 1-2 hours and is done only twice a day, in the morning and afternoon. Later retire back to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
Accommodation options include:
- Luxury: Mweya Safari Lodge/ Kyambura Gorge
- Mid-range: Park view safari lodge/ Elephant Hub Lodge
- Budget: Pumba Safari Cottages
DAY 2: Morning game drive and evening boat cruise.
- Game Drive: Have an early morning breakfast and proceed on a morning game drive in the park which begins at 6am. This morning game drive will give you a great chance to view nocturnal animals like leopards, serval cats and other wildlife such as African savannah elephants, hyenas, Uganda Kobs, heart beasts, giraffes, zebras and many more. Queen Elizabeth National Park is blessed with over 612 bird species thus making it a great destination for birding activities. While on your game drive, you may spot birds like the African skimmer, Chapin’s flycatcher, Shoebill stork, the great flamingos and Pink-backed Pelicans.
- Boat Cruise: Return back to your lodge for lunch and in the afternoon, head out for an evening boat cruise along the Kazinga channel. The boat cruise starts at exactly 1pm and can take approximately 2 hours. During your boat cruise, you may sight lots of wildlife such as hippos, Nile crocodiles, elephants and some species of birds like the great flamingos, Shoebill stock, Ibis and so many others. Later return to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay
DAY 3: Chimpanzee tracking and evening community walk.
- Chimpanzee Trekking: After early morning breakfast, head out to track chimpanzees in Kalinzu forest which is about an hour’s drive from Queen Elizabeth National Park. Chimpanzee trekking can take several hours since the chimps are always on the move unlike gorillas hence you are likely to finish this activity by noon. Head back to your lodge for lunch and relaxation. Later in the evening, head out for a cultural tour to the neighboring local communities and get to interact with the local Bakonjo people. While on the cultural tour, you will be taken through their historical and social lifestyle and also be entertained by local cultural groups in the community.
DAY 4: Departure
- Departure: After having a relaxed breakfast, check out of your lodge and embark on a return journey to Kampala city. Basing on your arrival time in Kampala, you can have an optional half-day tour of Kampala city or head straight to your hotel. End of tour.
Do write us a review of your experience while on safari with us via Trip Advisor.
Please note that the above tour package is inclusive of;
- Game drive
- Boat cruise
- Lion tracking experience
- Safari driver/ guide and 4×4 safari vehicle
- Chimpanzee trekking permit
- Cultural tour [optional]
- Park entrance fees
- Accommodation and meals as per your itinerary
- Mineral water while on safari
- Alcoholic beverages
- Porters fee
- International Flight tickets
- Visa fees
See also: 4 Days Bwindi & Lake Bunyonyi Tour