4 Days Murchison Falls Delta Safari
4 Days Murchison Falls Delta Safari is a short Uganda Wildlife Tours safaris that will take u to explore the amazing Murchison Falls National Park. This is a 4 days safari to Murchison Falls with a specific focus on the lower delta.
Murchison falls National Park is situated in Masindi district in the northern part of Uganda. It was first established as a national park in 1952 and is home to over 450 bird species and 76 species of mammals. This tour you are about to embark on beings and ends in Kampala.
- Day 1: Pick up and transfer to Murchison Falls National Park.
- Day 2: Game drive Murchison Falls National Park and an evening boat cruise.
- Day 3: Boat cruise to lower delta and an evening game drive.
- Day 4: Morning Game drive and Departure to Kampala.
Day 1: Pick up and transfer to Murchison Falls National Park.
- Transfer to Murchison: Embark on your journey at 6am from your hotel in Kampala and travel to Murchison Falls National Park via Masindi, which is a 5 hours’ drive to the national park and covers a distance of about 305 km from Kampala. Murchison Falls National Park is the largest national park in Uganda and is found in the northern region of the country.
- Rhino Trekking: Stopover at Ziwa rhino sanctuary where you will be taken through the historic sanctuary and also get a chance to view the endangered white rhinoceros species. The Rhino sanctuary and wildlife Ranch is located in Nakasongola district and was gazetted to protect the low white rhino populations that were and still under threat due to poaching activities following the high demand for their horns on the black market. Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary and Wildlife Ranch is under the funding and management of the Rhino Fund Uganda and Uganda Wildlife Authority. Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary is the only place where you will get to see rhinos in the wild.
Proceed to Murchison falls national park via Masindi and check into your Lodge, have diner and overnight.
- Luxury: Paraa Safari Lodge
- Mid- range: Pakuba Safari Lodge
- Budget: Heritage Safari Lodge or Red Chilli Safari Lodge.
Day 2: Game drive Murchison Falls National Park and an evening boat cruise.
- Game Drive: After breakfast, you will head for an early morning game drive which will start at 7 am. You will board a ferry at Paraa at 7am and cross over to the northern part of the national park which is endowed with a variety of wildlife. The game drive takes about 1-2 hours in the park and you can be accompanied by a trained park ranger. While on the game drive, you will get the opportunity to view include warthogs, buffaloes, and elephants, giraffes among others and bird species like a saddle-billed stork, majestic grey crowned crane, handsome black-headed spur-winged lapwings and many more.
- Boat Cruise: Return to your lodge for lunch and later proceed to Paraa for an afternoon boat cruise which begins at exactly 2pm. The launch cruise upstream along Victoria Nile to the base of the falls. It can take up to 3 hours gracing tourists with spectacular views of wildlife species like Nile crocodiles, elephants, hippos, buffalos and some bird species like the white egret, marabou stock and shoebill stock.
- Hike to the top of the falls: If you are still up for it, you can opt to go on a hike to the top of the falls with your starting point being at the ‘devils cauldron’. Here the highlight of your hike will be the majestic Murchison Falls which cascades 45 meters down the Rift Valley wall. Do not forget to take pictures once you get to the top of the falls. This spot offers picturesque views of the Nile River and Murchison Falls. Later in the evening retire to your Lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 3: Boat cruise to lower delta and an evening game drive.
- Delta Boat Cruise: Wake up early in the morning, have breakfast and embark on a delta boat cruise. This boat trip goes downstream from Paraa and down the delta to a point where the river flows into Lake Albert. This launch cruise takes between 4- 5 hours providing you with an opportunity to view various wildlife like buffaloes, elephants, crocodiles, and hippos as well as bird species with a high chance of you sighting the popular Shoebill stock.
- Evening Game Drive: Drive back to your Lodge for your lunch and relaxation. You can opt to have an evening game drive if you wish. Later have dinner at your lodge and overnight stay.
Day 4: Game drive and Departure to Kampala.
- Game Drive: Have an early morning breakfast and the head for a morning game drive at 6am. This early morning game drive will give you the chance to view nocturnal animals before they go back to their resting nests. While on the game drive you will see wildlife such as jackals, Uganda Kobs, giraffes, savannah elephants, lions, hyenas, antelopes, Jackson’s Hartebeests, bushbucks, oribis and many more. Later head out of the park and proceed back to Kampala. You can choose to do a short tour of Kampala city in case you are not so tired; or retire to your hotel.
Please note that the above tour package is inclusive of;
- Ziwa rhino sanctuary
- Game drive
- Boat cruise
- Safari driver/ guide and 4×4 safari vehicle
- Hike to the top of the falls
- Lower delta boat cruise
- Park entrance fees
- Accommodation and meals as per your itinerary
- Mineral water while on safari
The tour package excludes;
- Gratuities/ tips
- Alcoholic beverages
- Visa fees
- Flight ticket fees and any other expenses of personal nature.