3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Safari
3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Safari is an amazing tour package that will see you engage in the Rwanda Gorilla Trekking activity in Volcanoes National Park.
The Safari that you are about to embark on characterizes activities such as;
- Airport Transfers from and to Kigali City
- Gorilla Trekking
- Kigali Genocide Memorial
Highlights of the 3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Safari
- Day 1– Arrival, visit Kigali Genocide Memorial and Transfer to Volcanoes National Park.
- Day 2– Gorilla Tracking in Volcanoes National Park.
- Day 3– Departure
Details of the 3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Safari
Day 1: Arrival, visit Kigali Genocide Memorial and Transfer to Volcanoes National Park
- Arrival & Visit to Kigali Memorial Site: You will be picked up by our esteemed guide upon arrival at Kigali International Airport. Your guide will then drive you to Kigali Genocide Memorial, which is about a 30 minute drive from the airport. The genocide memorial grounds is where approximately 250,000 Rwandans were buried following the 1994 Genocide killings against the Tutsi people of Rwanda. The Kigali Genocide Memorial acts as an educative center and a reminder to every one of the atrocities that were committed during the genocide. It is also an initiative for spreading the message of peace and love for our fellow humans irrespective of one’s ethnicity.
- Transfer to Volcanoes National Park: after lunch, head to Volcanoes National Park which is approximately 1 – 2 hours drive from Kigali Genocide Memorial. Check into your Lodge and have dinner.
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking Experience
- Transfer to park headquarters: After having a hearty breakfast at your Lodge’s restaurant, your safari guide will pick you up from your lodge and you will embark on a 30-minute drive to Volcanoes National Park offices.
- Gorilla Trekking Experience: While at the Park’s offices, you will be briefed by the head ranger at the park in regards to the Park’s rules and regulations, as well as gorilla trekking regulations. After this briefing, the head ranger will put you into groups depending on the gorilla family group you prefer to track. Mountain Gorillas belong to one of the seven habituated family groups and hence have quite a tolerance for humans. It could take about 1- 8 hours to track a gorilla group depending on how easily they are located. Once the gorilla group is located, you will be allowed to spend only an hour with the gorillas. While tracking Mountain Gorillas in Volcanoes National Park, you will have an opportunity to enjoy a nature walk. Your guide will show you some of the bird and plant species that the park is blessed with. At the end of your Gorilla Trekking activity in Volcanoes National Park, you will be taken back to your Lodge where you will retire and have your dinner.
Day 3: Departure
- Departure: Have your breakfast and check out of your Lodge. Our safari guide will drop you off at Kigali International Airport, hence making this the end of your Rwanda Safari. It is recommended that you check-in at the airport 2 hours before your departure.
This tour is inclusive of;
- Airport pickups and drop-offs.
- Gorilla trekking permit.
- Park entrance fees
- Meals as per your itinerary
- Bottled water during your safari.