3 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park Safari
3 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park Safari is a short Uganda Safari package that takes you to one of the biggest national parks in Uganda with amazing wildlife species. This 3 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park Safari consists of; Boat cruise, Day game drive, Lion tracking experience, and Equator monuments. This tour starts and ends in Kampala City.
Highlights of the 3 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park Safari
- DAY 1: Pick up and transfer to Queen.
- DAY 2: Morning game drive and evening boat cruise.
- DAY 3: Departure.
DAY 1: Pickup and Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park.
- Transfer to Queen Elizabeth: Begin your day with an early morning breakfast in your hotel in Kampala city. Your guide will pick you from your hotel and then embark on a 6 hour drive to Queen Elizabeth National Park via Mbarara- Masaka Highway.
- Equator experience: You will have a stopover at the equator monuments in Kayabwe, Mpigi district. These two equator monuments mark the point where the equator runs through Uganda. You will then proceed to Queen Elizabeth National Park.
- Lion Tracking Experience: Upon arrival at Queen Elizabeth National Park, you will embark on a lion tracking experience. The lion tracking experience will give you the opportunity to view the famous tree-climbing lions of Queen. Of recent, these majestic giant cats have become rare sights in the park because of poaching activities that have become rampant in the park. This lion tracking experience takes between 1-2 hours and is done only twice a day, in the morning and afternoon.
- Later retire back to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
Accommodation options include:
- Luxury: Mweya Safari Lodge/ Kyambura Gorge
- Mid-range: Park view safari lodge/ Elephant Hub Lodge
- Budget: Pumba Safari Cottages
DAY 2: Morning game drive and evening boat cruise.
- Game Drive: Have an early morning breakfast and proceed on a morning game drive in the park which begins at 6am. This morning game drive will give you a great chance to view nocturnal animals like leopards, serval cats and other wildlife such as African savannah elephants, hyenas, Uganda Kobs, heart beasts, giraffes, zebras and many more. Queen Elizabeth National Park is blessed with over 612 bird species thus making it a great destination for birding activities. While on your game drive, you may spot birds like the African skimmer, Chapin’s flycatcher, Shoebill stock, the great flamingos and Pink-backed pelicans.
- Boat Cruise: Return back to your lodge for lunch and in the afternoon, head out for an evening boat cruise along the Kazinga channel. The boat cruise starts at exactly 1pm and can take approximately 2 hours. During your boat cruise, you may sight lots of wildlife such as hippos, Nile crocodiles, elephants and some species of birds like the great flamingos, Shoebill stock, Ibis and so many others. After your boat cruise, you can opt to do a cultural tour where you can visit the nearby Bakonjo local communities. On your visit, get to see the day to day activities of the local people and be entertained by the traditional dance groups. Later return to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
DAY 3: Departure
- Departure: After having a relaxed breakfast, check out of your lodge and embark on a return journey to Kampala; with lunch on route. Basing on your arrival time in Kampala, you can have an optional half day tour of Kampala city or head straight to your hotel. End of tour.
Do write us a review of your experience while on safari with us via Trip Advisor.
Please note that the above tour package is inclusive of;
- Game drive
- Boat cruise
- Lion tracking experience
- Safari driver/ guide and 4×4 safari vehicle
- Cultural tour [optional]
- Park entrance fees
- Accommodation and meals as per your itinerary
- Mineral water while on safari
- Alcoholic beverages
- Porters fee
- International Flight tickets
- Visa fees
See also: 3 Days Kidepo Wildlife Safari