3 Days Lion Tracking & Wildlife Safari in Queen Elizabeth
3 Days Lion Tracking & Wildlife Safari in Queen Elizabeth has been specifically designed for visitors who want to have an up-close view of the tree-climbing lions in Queen Elizabeth national park.
Day 1: Pickup in Kampala & Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park.
- Pickup & transfer to Queen: Start your day with breakfast at your hotel. Your safari guide will pick you up from your designated hotel in Kampala and transfer you to Queen Elizabeth National Park. This is the second largest national park in Uganda, covering approximately 1,978 square kilometers. It is located in Kasese district in the western part of the country. The national park is one of the best savannah parks that are ideal for Uganda wildlife viewing safaris.
- You will have a stopover at the Equator monuments in Kayabwe, Mpigi district. You can take photos at either side of the equator monuments that mark the point where the equator runs through Uganda. You will then proceed to Queen Elizabeth National Park with lunch enroute to the park.
- Evening Game Drive: Upon arrival at Queen Elizabeth National Park, you will embark on an evening game drive. During your evening game drive, you can see animals like hyenas, kobs, impala, antelopes, elephants, buffaloes, zebras, giraffes and so many more. Later retire back to your lodge for dinner and accommodation.
Day 2: Lion Tracking Experience and Afternoon Boat Cruise.
- Lion Tracking Experience: The lion tracking experience will give you the opportunity to view the famous tree climbing lions of Queen. Of recent, these majestic giant cats have become rare sights in the park because of poaching activities that have become rampant in the park. This lion tracking experience takes between 1 to 3 hours and is done only twice a day, in the morning and afternoon. You will drive off tracks when tracking the locations of the lions. You will be able to get an up close view of the lions and take photos. Drive back to your lodge for lunch.
- Evening Boat Cruise: After having your lunch break, head out for an evening boat cruise along the Kazinga channel. The boat cruise starts at exactly 1pm and can take approximately 2 hours. During your boat cruise, you may sight lots of wildlife such as hippos, Nile crocodiles, elephants and some species of birds like the great flamingos, Shoebill stock, Ibis and so many others. Later return to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 3: Morning Game Drive and transfer back to Kampala.
- Morning Game Drive: Have an early morning breakfast and proceed on a morning game drive in the park which begins at 6am. This morning game drive will give you a great chance to view nocturnal animals like leopards, serval cats and other wildlife such as African savannah elephants, hyenas, Uganda Kobs, heart beasts, giraffes, zebras and many more. The park is also blessed with over 612 bird species thus making it a great destination for birding activities. While on your game drive, you may spot birds like the African skimmer, Chapin’s flycatcher, Shoebill stock, the great flamingos and Pink- backed pelicans.
- Transfer back to Kampala: After your morning game drive, proceed with your transfer back to Kampala City. You can have a stopover at the equator monuments again and take more pictures if you wish. You also have another stopover for lunch and to ease yourself. Upon your arrival in Kampala, your guide/driver will drop you off at a hotel of your choice or at the airport in Entebbe in case you have to board your flight back home.
End of Tour