3 Days Kidepo Wildlife Safari
3 Days Kidepo Wildlife Safari is one of the shortest Uganda Safari Packages to Kidepo National Park and is amazing since this one is done by flight. This 3 Days Kidepo Wildlife Safari starts and ends in Entebbe with the main highlights of this tour being Wildlife viewing in Kidepo, Cultural tour to the Karamojong community, Entebbe City tour (optional), and Chimp habituation in Ngamba Island (optional). Kidepo National Park is one of the furthest national parks in Uganda and therefore one must at least use a flight to get there.
Highlights of the 3 Days Kidepo Wildlife Safari
- Day 1: Pick up and Transfer to Kidepo.
- Day 2: Morning game drive and community walk.
- Day 3: Fly back to Entebbe.
Day 1: Pick up and Transfer to Kidepo
- Flight to Kidepo: Our driver will pick you from your hotel in Entebbe or upon your arrival at Entebbe International Airport. You will take a domestic flight to Kidepo Valley National Park using Areolink to Kidepo in Kabong district in northern Uganda. This is a 2-hour flight. Kidepo Valley National Park covers 1,442 sq km and is in the Karamoja region. It was first established as a national park in 1962. Some of the major attractions in the national park are rivers Narus and Kidepo which are seasonal rivers as well as the high numbers of wildlife in the park.
- Game Drive: Upon arrival in the park, you will have an evening game drive where you will see animals such as; bush backs, jackals, Uganda Kobs and you may even get an opportunity to spot nocturnal wildlife animals like leopards, lions, and serval cats.
- Accommodation options: Apoka Safari Lodge
DAY 2: Morning game drive and community walk.
- Morning Game Drive: On day 2 of this 3 Days Kidepo Wildlife Safari, you will have breakfast at your lodge. You will go on a morning game drive which will take between 1- 2 hours. Kidepo is known to be the ‘Masai Mara’ of Uganda due to a variety of wildlife living within the park. While on your game drive, you will view wildlife like; the African savannah elephant, gazelles, jackals, cheetahs, striped Hyenas, caracal, buffalos, oribis, zebras and Jackson’s Harte beasts many others. Kidepo national park is the only national park in Uganda where you will find ostrich birds in the wilderness. After your game drive, you will return to your lodge for lunch and rest a bit.
- Community Tour: Later in the evening head out for a community tour to the neighboring Karamajong homesteads. During this tour, you will be taken through the day-to-day lifestyles of the Karamajong people, see their ‘manyata’ houses and also be entertained by the local dance groups.
- Later head back to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
- Accommodation options: Apoka Safari lodge
DAY 3: Departure and optional city tour or chimpanzee habituation experience.
- Departure: Have breakfast and embark on a return flight to Entebbe International Airport. Once you reach Entebbe airport, you can opt to go on a half-day tour of Entebbe town or have your guide drive you straight to your hotel.
- Chimpanzees in Ngamba: There is also another option where you can do chimpanzee habituation in Ngamba Island. Chimpanzee habituation on the island offers you the pleasurable opportunity to spend time with chimps, play with them and even take part in feeding them. You can have lunch when on the Island. Do remember to carry with you your camera or camcorder on your visit to capture the memorable moments. There will be a boat picking you up from the zoo in Entebbe and it has two pickup times which are at 8am and 1pm in the afternoon. In case you are taking the 1pm boat, do make certain that your flight back home is scheduled for the night or following day. However, you will have to inform our tour consultants in advance so that this activity can be included in your travel itinerary in case you do choose to do it.
End of tour 3 Days Kidepo Wildlife Safari.
Do write us a review of your experience while on safari with us via Trip Advisor.
Please note that the above tour package is inclusive of;
- Game drive
- Safari driver/ guide and 4×4 safari vehicle
- Cultural tour
- Coffee tour
- Chimpanzee habituation in Ngamba[optional]
- Entebbe City tour[ optional]
- Park entrance fees
- Accommodation and meals as per your itinerary
- Mineral water while on safari
- Alcoholic beverages
- Porters fee