2 Days Ziplining & Source of the Nile tour
2 Days Ziplining & Source of the Nile tour is yet another Uganda safari tour where travelers get a chance to be part of the amazing River Nile and its attractions. This 2 Days Ziplining & Source of the Nile tour will take place at Griffin falls in Mabira forest, Lugazi town and source of the Nile in Jinja. The main highlights of this tour include Zip lining at Griffin falls in Lugazi, Hike to Griffin falls, Source of the Nile tour, Craft village at source of the Nile, Boat ride on Lake Victoria [optional], Ripon falls, White water rafting/ kayaking, Horseback riding/ Quad biking, and Sunset boat cruise with a sundowner.
Highlights of the 2 Days Ziplining & Source of the Nile tour
- Day 1: Pick up and transfer to Lugazi and later Jinja
- Day 2: Ripon Falls and Departure
Detailed Tour Itinerary
DAY 1: Pick up and transfer to Lugazi and later Jinja.
- Transfer to Lugazi & Ziplining: Our guide will pick you up from your hotel at exactly 6am after you have had an early morning breakfast. You will have a stopover at Griffin falls camp in Mabira forest, Lugazi. Upon your arrival at Griffin falls, you will have a short 10 minute brief by the head guide and then head out on a hike to the Griffin falls. This hike will take at most an hour and will offer you nature through Mabira forest and if you are lucky, you may spot mangabey monkeys jumping between trees in the forest. After your tour to the falls, you will then do zip-lining where you will be on a 78-meter zip. The zip lines are 5 in total and stretch 250 meters across River Musamya. This is an adrenalin rush, adventurous and fun filled activity that is great to do with family and friends.
- Source of the Nile: Later proceed with your journey to Jinja town and proceed to Source of the Nile. Here you will have lunch and continue to explore the Source of the Nile. Your guide will take your site seeing through the craft village where you can get yourself some souvenirs. You will also visit the Gandhi monument which is dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi and go on a boat ride along the Nile to the point where the source of the Nile is believed to start. Later you will head to Nile River Explorers for a sunset boat cruise with a sundowner. This boat cruise along the Nile begins at 5 pm till 7 pm. Head back to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Ripon Falls and Departure
- Ripon Falls experience: Have breakfast and embark on a day’s adventure tour in Jinja. Start your day with a trip to Rippon falls where you can either do white water rafting or kayaking activity. You will be briefed, fitted into life jackets and taken through your rafting course. You will do a half day rafting trip and if you are not interested in rafting, you can opt for a half day kayaking activity. Both activities take between 4- 5 hours and filled with exploring the white and turbulent rapids of the Nile. Later have lunch and embark on an optional horseback riding or quad biking activity. Both these activities will give you an opportunity to interact with the local communities and enjoy great views of Lake Victoria. The activities last between 1- 3 hours depending on your preference.
- Return to Kampala: Later head back to Kampala city where your guide will drop you off at your hotel.
End of 2 Days Ziplining & Source of the Nile tour
Do write us a review of your experience while on safari with us via Trip Advisor.
Please note that the above tour package is inclusive of;
- Safari driver/ guide and 4×4 safari vehicle
- Hike to Griffin falls
- Boat ride at the source of the Nile.
- Sunset boat cruise with a sundowner.
- White water rafting/ Kayaking
- Horseback riding/ Quad biking [optional]
- Entrance fees
- Accommodation and meals as per your itinerary
- Mineral water while on safari
- Alcoholic beverages
See also: 2 Days Zip Lining & Itanda Falls tour