2 Days Murchison Falls Safaris
2 Days Murchison Falls Safaris is a 2-day tour to Murchison Falls National Park Uganda’s largest national park with a variety of wildlife. Murchison falls National Park is one of the best national parks in Uganda and is located in Masindi district in Northern Uganda. It was first gazetted as a national park in 1952 and covers a total surface area of 3,893 sq km. The national park has 76 mammal species and over 450 different bird species. This gives tourists visiting the park a great opportunity to view great sights like the Shoebill stock along with other wildlife.
Highlights of the 2 Days Murchison Falls Safaris
- Day 1: Pick up and Transfer to Murchison Falls National Park
- Day 2: Game drive and Departure
Day 1: Pick up and Transfer to Murchison Falls.
- Transfer to Murchison: Have an early morning breakfast and then meet our guide at your hotel reception area. At 6am you will embark on a 5- 6hour drive to Murchison Falls National Park via Kampala- Gulu highway.
- Game Drive: Upon arrival in the park, you will proceed on a game drive where you will get to see animals in the park such as; giraffes, African savannah elephants, zebras amongst many more animals. Later go to your lodge and have your lunch.
- Boat Cruise: After lunch, you will be driven to Paraa where you will get on a boat cruise along the Victoria Nile. The boat cruise takes 2- 3 hours and taking tourists to the bottom of the Murchison Falls. You will get to see lots of wildlife along the Nile banks and in the river including; hippos, giraffes, elephants, Nile crocodiles, buffaloes, and other wildlife species. You may also spot bird species like the Shoebill stock while on your cruise. Later have an optional hike to the top of the falls and later head back to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
- Luxury: Paraa Safari Lodge
- Mid-range: Pakuba Safari Lodge
- Budget: Heritage Safari Lodge or Red Chilli Safari Lodge
Day 2: Game Drive and Departure to Kampala
- Game Drive: Have an early morning breakfast and the head for a morning game drive at 6am. This early morning game drive will give you the chance to view nocturnal animals before they go back to their resting nests. While on the game drive you will see wildlife such as jackals, Uganda Kobs, giraffes, savannah elephants, lions, hyenas, antelopes, Jackson’s Hartebeests, bushbucks, oribis and many more.
- Rhino Trekking: Later head out of the park and proceed back to Kampala with a stopover at Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary in Masindi district. While at Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary, you will get to see the white Rhinos that are being conserved at the sanctuary.
- Return to Kampala: Later proceed to Kampala city where according to your travel plan, your driver will drop you off at your hotel or to Entebbe International Airport for your departure flight. End of Tour.
This tour package includes;
- Ziwa rhino sanctuary
- Game drive
- Boat cruise
- Safari driver/ guide and 4×4 safari vehicle
- Hike to the top of the falls [ optional]
- Park entrance fees
- Accommodation and meals as per your itinerary
- Mineral water while on safari
The tour package excludes;
- Gratuities/ tips
- Alcoholic beverages
- Visa fees
- Flight ticket fees and any other expenses of personal nature.
See also: 4 Days Murchison Falls Delta Safari