2 Days Lake Mburo National Park Safari
2 Days Lake Mburo National Park Safari is a short Uganda safari tour to one of the smallest national parks in Uganda that are endowed with wildlife. This is a 2 Days Lake Mburo National Park Safari and the park is situated in western Uganda. Lake Mburo National Park is elevated between 1,220m- 1,828m above sea level. The park is home to 350 bird species and has 14 lakes with 5 of these lakes located within the park’s boundaries.
This tour starts and ends in Kampala with the main highlights being Game drive, Boat cruise (optional), Horseback riding with a sundowner.
Summary of the 2 Days Lake Mburo National Park Safari
- Day 1: Pick up and transfer to Lake Mburo
- Day 2: Morning game drive and Departure
Detailed tour itinerary
DAY 1: Pick up and transfer to Lake Mburo
- Transfer to Lake Mburo: Have breakfast at your hotel in Kampala and our guide will pick you from your hotel lobby. You will then embark on your journey to Lake Mburo at exactly 6am. You will have a stopover at the equator in Kyegegwa. While here you will take pictures and stop by the nearby crafts shops and get yourself some souvenirs. You will then proceed to Lake Mburo, check into your lodge and have lunch.
- Horse Back Riding Safari: Later you will head out horseback riding up hilltops and this will give you the opportunity to see animals such as reedbucks, topi, impala, zebras to mention but a few. While at it, enjoy a sundowner while taking in the beautiful scenery at the park. Horseback riding is organized by Mihingo Lodge and the activity takes 4 hours.
- Boat Cruise: You can have an optional evening boat cruise on the lake from Rwonyo. The boat ride takes about 1- 2 hours and offers you great sights such as; crocodiles, hippos, buffaloes and some bird species such as; the white egret, fish eagles, kingfishers, and Shoebill stock. The boat leaves Rwonyo every 2 hours starting from 8am. Later retire to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Accommodation: Mihingo Lodge
DAY 2: Morning game drive and Departure
- Game Drive: After having your breakfast, you will embark on a 2- 3 hour morning game drive in the park. While on your game drive, you will view wildlife like; buffaloes, zebras, waterbucks, warthogs, impala, topi, duikers, hyenas, reedbucks, over 100 elands and if you are lucky, some giraffes which are a recent addition to the park.
- Return to Kampala: After your game drive, you will embark on a return journey to Kampala city via Lyantonde- Masaka. You will stopover at Mpambire drum makers’ village where you will be taken through the art of traditional African crafts making. While at it, do support the local community by purchasing a few items as souvenirs for yourself and loved ones back home.
End of 2 Days Lake Mburo National Park Safari
Do write us a review of your experience while on safari with us via Trip Advisor.
Please note that the above tour package is inclusive of;
- Game drive
- Safari driver/ guide and 4×4 safari vehicle
- Guided nature walk [optional]
- Boat cruise
- Horseback riding
- Kampala City tour[ optional]
- Park entrance fees
- Accommodation and meals as per your itinerary
- Mineral water while on safari
- Alcoholic beverages
- Porters fee
See also: 5 Days Kidepo & Sipi Falls tour